Community Spirit & Enrichment at East Elementary School
The East Elementary PTO
Develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parent involvement
- Serve as an avenue of communication between school and parents.
- Enhance the educational experience by supporting academic and enrichment activities.
- Improve the environment at our school by providing volunteer and financial support.
Here’s how the East PTO makes a difference to your child:
- Providing enrichment programs beyond the school budget such as visiting authors, musicians, and science programs;
- Funding for items beyond the school budget, such as technology and media, teacher reimbursement, campus beautification, and musical instruments;
- Sponsoring activities that help to build our community, such as our upcoming Welcome Back Picnic, family nights, and community service projects;
- Coordinating volunteer efforts to support teachers in the classroom, on the playground, and in the library.
What We Do: Community, Communication, Fundraising
- Organize room parent coordinators to assist teachers in classroom activities and maintain a teacher/parent network for the classroom
- Host social activities for children and families in school and outside of school
- Support parent/children programs such as the Lunch-In/Fun on the Playground Program and Kids with Kids
- Organize volunteers to support activities and supplement the efforts of the school staff in the library, Beautification, and Experiencing Differences
- Coordinate community service programs that give children a sense of commitment to others such as recycling, food pantry and seasonal collections of food and clothing
- Supports teachers and staff by sponsoring a Welcome Luncheon, book making and publishing, library book processing, assisting with Celebration of the Arts and more
- Inform parents of events and programs at East through newsletters, emails, special notices and open board meetings
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Superintendent of Schools and the School Committee
- Represent the interests of East Elementary on town-wide committees such as the Sharon Youth Coalition, SEPAC (Special Needs Parent Advisory Committee) and Long Range Planning initiatives
- Establishes liaisons and committees to address school needs such as New Family Liaison, Public Relations, and Beautification
- Organize fundraising activities such as the Fall and Spring Book Fairs, School Photographs, Fall Adult Social, and Spring Groove
- Help fund educational needs not met within the school budget
- Sponsor student enrichment programs to enhance school experience
- Co-sponsor the high school scholarship program awarded to graduating seniors